Embrace the Sacred Gift
March 25, 2017, 4:00-7:30
Presented by Ellen Martin, M.A.CE, M.Div.
1. To present the reality that as humans we are sexual beings and this is good, part of God’s design for humanity, as found in the creation accounts of Genesis 1 and 2.
2. To establish the relationship between our sexuality and our relationship with God.
3. To persuade parents to teach their children about human sexuality as an element of Christian discipleship.
4. To encourage parents to move from teaching about human sexuality and sex in an isolated event to an ongoing conversation between parent(s) and child(ren) throughout life.
5. To empower parents for this teaching with self-reflection, basic genital anatomy education, conversation starters, trouble-shooting scenarios, basic strategies for answering questions, and resources for further study and support following the event.
Teaching -- Resources and How-To -- Practicing with each other -- Q & A
All with the goal of removing shame and moving toward being unashamed of the way God has made us.
A donation jar will be available at the registration table on March 25. Your donation helps us bring in an outside speaker. However, if a $5 per adult donation is a financial hardship, please attend anyway.